Using NTT DOCOMO’s vast and comprehensive mobile network, SonixNet SIM delivers unmetered and 5GB data plans through
Freebit/Bekkoame’s internet connection at the most friendly prices on the market.
SMS and Voice plans are also available at a discounted price.
SonixNet SIM is most compatible with various unlocked SIM-free smartphones or pocket Wi-Fi devices (see here for a full list of tested devices)
With unmetered data plans, the monthly data usage (DL/UL) is not accounted for. If your accumulated total data consumption within 3 days
exceeds 3GB, your bandwidth will be throttled down to a maximum speed of 200kbps until the 3-day total falls under 3GB.
*With the 5GB plan, after exceeding the limit, the connection speed will be throttled to under 200kbps for the rest of the
|Data Only||1,500 JPY||3,200 JPY|
|Data+SMS||1,700 JPY||3,400 JPY|
|Data+SMS/Voice||2,800 JPY||3,900 JPY|
* Above shows recurring monthly basic fee. An account activation fee of 3,000 JPY (one-time) applies separately upon application.
* Pay-per-use calling/SMS charges apply separately. See below for details.
Any calls/SMS texts made during a billing cycle (billing cycle = 1st to the end of the month) are charged 5-6 weeks after.
* Basic fee of first month (day of sign-up to end of month) is free. Billing commences on the 1st of the following month.
* Minimum contract period is three full billing months (first month does not count as a billing month). Cancellations can be accepted after the
3rd month of contract. Cancellation must be requested online and the service will be terminated at the end of the billing cycle.
* Switching between data plans (5GB or unmetered) can be done for no additional charge and the change takes effect on the 1st of the following
Switching between voice plans (Data-only or Data+SMS or Data+SMS/Voice) require the SIM card to be replaced, therefore is considered as a
cancellation of the existing subscription and application under the new plan. Cancellation policies apply.
* Discount of 300 JPY applies to the monthly basic fee of the second (or more) Voice SIM application(s).
* If the SIM card is damaged / lost or requires replacement for any other reason, a reissue fee of 3,000 JPY will incur.
|Domestic Call||20 JPY / 30 sec|
|Domestic SMS||3~ JPY / message|
|International Call||See below|
|International SMS||100~ JPY / message|
* Incoming calls/SMS are free.
* SMS are restricted to approximately 150 single-byte characters per message.
* International Call = calling and overseas number from a location within NTT DOCOMO’s service area in Japan, using the prefix “00327777”.
See table below.
* International SMS = sending an SMS to an international number from a location within NTT DOCOMO’s service area in Japan.
* Service is intended for use in Japan only. International roaming is not provided.
|Region||Rate (per 30sec)|
|USA (50 states), Canada, India, Singapore||7 JPY|
|Bangladesh, China, Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.||10 JPY|
|Australia, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, etc.||15 JPY|
|Call Waiting||+300 JPY / month|
|Voice Mail||+300 JPY / month|
|SonixNet SIM Application Form|
|APN Setup Guide (iOS)|
|APN Setup Guide (Android)|
|Voicemail Service Instruction|
|International Calling Rates|